Buschman, the world leader in metering rod solutions for coating applications, has introduced an innovative new Metering Rod Installation Tool for easier, safer installation of metering rods in rod holders.
“High-quality metering rods are precision instruments that must be properly installed in secure rod holders,” explained Ross DeFelice, President. “Poor installation can damage rods and holders and cause coating defects. Our new Rod Installation Tool enables operators in paper mills and converting plants to properly install coating rods in holders without damaging the rod or holder.”
Metering rods can be difficult to install because of the tight fit required of a rod holder, DeFelice noted. “We’ve heard many stories of frustrated operators using c-clamps or even laying rods and rod holders on the floor and stomping them into place,” he explained.
Buschman’s Rod Installation Tool has been designed for fast, easy installation. Made of aluminum to be lightweight and sturdy, the Tool can be quickly adjusted without tools to accommodate any rod holder and rod combination. Beveled edges make sliding the Tool down the length of the holder easy. The Tool works equally well for installing shorter converting rods as well as long-length size press rods.
Buschman’s Metering Rod Installation Tool offers many advantages:
- Reduced costs: Drastically reduces the chance of damage to the rod or holder during installation;
- Faster rod changes: Rods can be installed in the holder much faster;
- Safer: Using improvised tools or alternative methods can cause operator injury;
- Less operator frustration: Machine operators can be more efficient when they are using the highest quality tools and accessories.
- Material: 6061-T6 Aluminum
- Maximum Holder Height: 95mm
- Maximum Holder Width: 95mm
- Maximum Holder Length: Unlimited