Why Buschman Metering Rods are the Preferred Choice
Metering rods are relatively small parts in the large and complex process of manufacturing paper, paperboard, linerboard, film, and substrates.
But paper mills, paperboard mills, converting plants, and linerboard manufacturers know that to deliver the product quality their own customers expect, they must have precisely engineered and manufactured metering rods that consistently perform to perfection.
That’s why so many prominent companies around the world trust Buschman. We help customers apply coatings to their exact standards and specifications by engineering and manufacturing superior metering solutions.
The Buschman Difference: Controlling Quality at Every Step
Buschman is the global leader in metering rod design and manufacturing because we do more in-house than any other supplier in the world.
We are the only supplier that starts with coil steel and ends up with a precision finished product, all in one facility. This enables us to control quality in every aspect of the operation and deliver custom-engineered rods and rod holders that meet our extremely stringent standards and the unique requirements of our customers.
- We start with coil stock. The coiled stainless-steel rod is straightened in the same two-part process used to straighten drill rod. This enables us to get ultra-straight rods that outside suppliers cannot provide.
- We grind our own material in-house to achieve the consistent quality our customers trust us to provide.
- We roll form the rods or wrap wire on the rods, drawing our own wire through diamond dies and roll forming rods with dies we make in-house.
- Our dies, which are manufactured in-house, are the most accurate in the world with tolerances held to within a millionth of an inch.
- We chrome plate in-house with a unique, proprietary technology we developed to attain consistent quality.
- We buff and pack product in-house in custom designed and built shipping containers that protect rods and rod holders until they reach your plant.
- We are the only manufacturer making our own Hot Cast Polyurethane rod holders. We also machine our own PE rod holders.
The Result: Unmatched Precision for Consistently Superior Results
Our proprietary manufacturing process produces the best metering rods and rod holders in the industry. Only Buschman rods offer:
- Consistent coating coverage: Our technology reduces rod lines, streaks, and defects, and can even reduce costs by decreasing coating consumption;
- Longer rod life: Manufactured from stainless steel cores with hard chrome coating, our rods are proven to last longer;
- Consistent quality: All our products inspected to ensure the highest quality rod after rod after rod and our quality practices are consistent with ISO-9001;
- Service you can count on: Our team of metering experts is available whenever you need us. Buschman offers a full array of custom-engineered metering solutions, including:
- Grooved metering rods;
- Smooth metering rods;
- Wire-wound metering rods, also called Mayer rods;
- Rod holders and rod beds manufactured in Hot Cast Polyurethane (PU) and UHMW Polyethylene (PE);
- Laboratory drawdown rod kits for quick use in the laboratory;
- Michelman spare parts and service.
How to Order
Our engineering team will work with you to customize long-lasting metering rods for your application. Call us or use our online form to request a quote.
Call us at +1 216 431 6633